Celebrate 30 years of business excellence in Lee County at the Industry Appreciation Awards on Friday, Oct. 27. The annual awards luncheon will take place at the Caloosa Sound Convention Center, located at 1375 Monroe Street in Fort Myers. The event will begin with an hour of networking opportunities from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., and the awards luncheon will follow from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Registration for the event will open in mid-September.
The awards program is organized by the Horizon Council, Horizon Foundation and Lee County Economic Development Office. Out of 18 nominated finalists, six winners will be announced at the Oct. 27 awards ceremony.
The six award categories include:
- The Diversity in Business Award recognizes a local business that demonstrates strong vision and leadership in overcoming social and diversity obstacles, leading to an improved business environment and results.
- The Innovative Technology Award recognizes a local company that is committed to growth and innovation through new products and/or services, showcasing forward-thinking technology which broadens the economy landscape in Lee County.
- Large Business of the Year is awarded to a company with over 50 employees that has been in business a minimum of six years in Lee County and offers high-quality products and services with superior customer service.
- Manufacturer of the Year recognizes a local manufacturing business in Lee County that exhibits excellence and growth in leadership, performance, profitability and workforce relations.
- The Nonprofit Partnership Award recognizes an outstanding partnership between a business and a nonprofit organization on an initiative or project that has made a significant positive impact in Lee County.
- Small Business of the Year is awarded to a company with up to 50 employees that has been in business a minimum of six years in Lee County and offers high-quality products and services with superior customer service.
For more information, please visit https://www.industryappreciationawards.com/.